This article is from the Wall Street Journal website and is entitled Turn to Korean Suppliers Could Hit Japanese Exporters Long-Term. I liked this article because it showed how the earthquake effected other countries’ economies. Because Japan is currently unable to produce many of its products for export, product seekers have turned to Korea for help. Because of this flux in trade it is predicted that the South Korean economy will “grow 0.05 to 0.25 percentage points this year.” I just though it was crazy that a country could have that much growth in their economy from one natural disaster that didn’t effect it. I think this article helps to demonstrate the idea of a global economy.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704517404576221932309100672.html
-Dustin Parkinson
Week #4 Articles
1:18 AM |
Labels:
Korea and Trade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
It's amazing to see what a natural disaster that happened in one country could have huge impacts on other neighbors or even the world. I think, not just South Korea's, China's economy would grow as well.
That is very true. It is very interesting to see the global market's will to survive and that it is willing to do so by going to whatever investors it can.
This is a really interesting article. I know i've said this many times, but the global economy is amazing to me. We are all so intricately connected, especially when it comes to business and the economy. I think the earthquake and tsunami in Japan has showed us again how much we all depend on one another.
Post a Comment