Since the attacks in the Middle East, China has really tightened control over cell phone calls, instant messaging, emails, and Internet sites to limit revolts in China. A man was talking on his phone in Beijing and he said, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.” After the word “protest” was said one more time in the conversation, the cell phone conversation was cut off. This shows that the government is listening in on cell phone conversations. The Chinese government also has blamed Google saying that emails have not been sent or received because of technical difficulties when it was really the government interfering.


Amie

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Brad said...

Wow! That's really all I can say for this. That is incredible that China has the technology to do this first of all! I find it pretty interesting that they have such tight control that someone's phone call is ended for quoting Shakespeare.

Rich Kuttler said...

I agree with Brad, it's kinda scary that china has this potential. It's sad to see that a country is so fearful of internal revolts that it has to listen on the conversations of its citizens.

Minji said...

wow, that's really good to know! I don't know how they censor all the cellphone calls since China has A LOT OF PEOPLE there, but obviously it is really happening! But I don't know how long they can censor the internet and phone calls... people are smart enough that they can fight for it in the future!

Post a Comment