I found this article interesting because it focused on the effects of a natural disaster on the economy. Japan’s recent earthquake has seemed to cause just as much damage during and after. Widespread panic recently over contaminated water and it being unsafe for children has caused some stocks to drop even more following the 9.0 earthquake there. People have been buying bottled water at an accelerated rate and as such have run out in most places. While no one can be completely sure as we get biased views from all around it seems like the water is drinkable except for babies. While that is cause to panic there are alternatives and I am positive the intelligent Japanese will solve the problem very soon. Interesting how fear can control the economy though.
Steen






2 comments:
I heard that the water were contaminated by radioactivity. I don't know how much of the radiation it would contain in it but I hope it would not harm our health!
I agree. It's always is intriguing to me how something like fear can effect the economy so greatly. In economics, something small can have a ripple effect and change the supply and demand for many things (a lot of times things that you wouldn't even expect it to effect).
Post a Comment