In a world where there are troubles in the Middle East and higher prices for oil and food, the economic damage from the tsunami wracked Japan did not help at all. Although officials appeared to have regained some control of the nuclear reactor crisis, panic has spread across the markets world-wide. Tens of thousands of tourists have canceled trips to and from Japan and the Nikkei dropped a total of 17.2% since Monday. When the Japanese government is able to get the nuclear reactors under control, it will fuel a quicker economic recovery and many large firms will be able to open their businesses again.

-Tyson Bryan

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Rich Kuttler said...

This article sounds interesting- I read a similar article that talked about the car industry and the big hit that it took. I think we'll see effects of the disaster for many months to come- particularly in the economy.

Minji said...

Yeah I want to work in Japan later so I'm checking Japan's economy quite often since tsunami happened. Japanese government has humongous debt on their people, and they put tons of money to the market... I hope this makes Japan through, not resulting in super inflation...

Post a Comment