At only Age 45, Mrs. Nakagawa was promoted to CFO of Nomura Holdings Inc. This is the first time that a women has taken such a high role in one of Japan's leading banks. Nomura itself accounts for a fourth of all investment bankig activity in Japan. Her role is to now manage to expand into the global markets and compete with the likes of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase. Her company has recently had consecutive losses in the global markets and I think with her experience and drive, she will be able to get the job done. In Eastern culture, this is a very big step for human equality. I am happy that beyond all the tragedy in Japan, that businesses are still continuing to do what they do and continue to progress. Tyson Bryan






1 comments:
Wow, this is very cool news! Women's role in Japan are still more of housewife, but this surely shows that women has fairly equal opportunities in Japan too! Since I want to work in Japan, this news is very hopeful for me! :)
Post a Comment