This is rather sad news right after the General Conference. As you can see from this title, this article is basically about how thousands of people pre-purchased the 3D pornography movie tickets. This might be showing that there is a big pornography industry in Hong Kong, which it would be very sad. The director is proudly saying, “It will leave audiences feeling like they are sitting right there at the edge of the bed. I don't think anyone has ever seen a film like ours.” I knew pornography is universal problem, but reading this news right after the General Conference is very sad. The church has a lot of works to do and I hope we can be the example of good saints there.

Minji Choi

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Nate Jones said...

That is especially sad. I did notice that this Conference, unlike other conferences, mentioned pornography slightly less. I am sure this does not mean that the problem is going away (your article emphasizes that) and I completely agree that we should be great examples of faithful members of the Church while abroad.

Kellyn said...

I agree with Nate, I did notice that pornography was mentioned a lot less than it has been in past general conferences. It is still unfortunate that pornography is such a global problem and that people like this movie director are proud to be a part of the porn industry. Pornography really does ruin people's lives, marriages, and self-worth so it is scary to think that it is becoming so mainstream and politically correct to talk about.

Post a Comment