Hi Friends and Families!
This is My Nguyen reporting on May 23, 2011. I think most of us have fallen in love with this country already after only two days of staying here. Mongolia, the country of the blue sky, has offered us so much. We’re all grateful that we have the chance to visit this wonderful land.
We started out with two business visits. It was quite fascinating to see the differences between Mongolian and Japanese businesses and how they talk about themselves. The Japanese tend to be extremely humble and reserved. On the other hand, the Mongolians are a lot more aggressive and straightforward. We could tell instantly how proud they are of their motherland (I’d be really proud too. Their motherland is marvelous!)The people here are proud not only of their land, but also of their heroic ancestors, especially Genghis Khan. They have a deep love and respect for him here. We saw pictures, paintings, and statues of him everywhere. And most of the paper bills prominently feature his picture. We also got to see a humongous statue of Genghis Khan on top of a museum 50 kms away from the capital. It was really cool.
The weather was perfect. The sky was so clear and blue. We took the bus to the National Park to stay at the Ger campsite (Ger is the traditional house in Mongolia). We passed by one of the most fantastic sceneries we have ever seen. I don’t think you can capture this kind of scenery in any picture; you just have to experience it with your own eyes…
Right when we got to the campsite, we were ready to ride a camel. For most of us, it was our first time. It was quite exciting. Many wanted to continue riding camels everywhere in Mongolia, which would have been the coolest!
It didn’t get dark till pretty late. Some of us decided to hike up and watch shooting stars. On the hillside, smoke from the fire we set earlier poured gently from the Gers. Above us the sky was clear and the only light was from the stars…
It was a long but tremendous day. We are so lucky to have met such great people and see different things everyday on the trip. And we promise that pictures and more are to come…
With love from Asia!!
My Nguyen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
My Nguyen, I am so glad to read your experience in Mongolia. Mongolia is different, yet beautiful country. It's true that Mongolians are aggressive and direct in many ways, but there are some people who are aggressive, but not as straightforward. There are many things that I like about my country, but I love the blue and clear sky the most. One time I even wrote five-page paper about blue sky of Mongolia in my English class because that is how much I love the sky and attached to it.
Post a Comment